Are you friendly, outgoing, love young children and can make a delicious latte? We want YOU!
Chickadee Family Café is looking for part-time baristas to work in our unique family-friendly business. Chickadee Family Café is Burlington’s first and only play café; a full-service café serving up delicious, healthy food and specialty beverages while providing a fun play space for kids and a community-focused space for parents.
We’re looking for baristas that not only know how to pour a good shot, but who can interact with our guests; both big and small. Kindness is part of the job here. We serve mothers running on two hours of sleep, and we show patience to children while they pick out their special treat. We believe in providing a kind and supportive environment for parents as well as a fun space for kids to have fun and play.
As a new business, we offer an opportunity to learn, experiment and grow as we grow.
Is this the job or you?
As a Barista, you will:
- Make specialty beverages
- Assist in creating specialty beverage menu items. We are looking for baristas who aren’t afraid to try new things. You will be asked to bring your creative ideas to help us build out our specialty beverage menu!
- Maintain a clean and sanitized workspace
- Process payments
- Perform regular equipment maintenance
- Clean and sanitize eating areas
- Provide support during birthday parties and special events
- Be the reason someone smiles
We are looking for candidates with experience working in a café. A minimum 1 year of barista experience is required. You must have your Food Handler Certification. Strong communication skills and a commitment to superior customer service is a must in this position. You will be expected to work daytime hours and weekends.
All successful candidates must provide a clean Vulnerable Sector Check prior to commencing employment.